In the course of playing A Witcher, the player character, Geralt, earns XP, or tapasztalati pontok. Completing quests and defeating monsters is the primary way to earn XP, but sometimes simply speaking to the right NPC at the right time also results in XP.
By accumulating these points, Geralt periodically increases in level. The first level requires 1000 XP, and each subsequent level increase requires 1000 more XP than the last. Each time this occurs, Geralt receives an increase to his Életero és Állóképesség, as well as new talents. These talents can then be allocated in the hero panel during Meditáció and can be used to learn new jártasság.
Every ten levels, he also increases in rank, although this does not really confer any additional benefits other than the title.
- Novitiate witcher: Levels 1 – 9
- Rising witcher: Levels 10 – 19
- Képzett witcher: Levels 20 – 29
- Seasoned witcher: Levels 30 – 39
- Master witcher: Levels 40 – 49
- Legendary witcher: Levels 50+
This table contains the cumulative experience required for each level along with the type and number of talents received upon reaching each one:
- There are 111 Bronze talents, 102 Silver talents and 33 Gold talents.
- Of these, 11 Bronze talents are first level style and sign talents which are given free of charge
- Two extra Bronze talents are obtained as story abilities
- Another 4 Bronze talents are available only via különleges főzetek
- An additional distributable 2 Bronze talents, 3 Silver talents and 2 Gold talents can be attained via különleges főzetek
- One extra Silver talent is obtained after completing Hullámok
- When reaching level 50 and drinking all különleges főzetek, Geralt can reach 111/111 Bronze talents, 80/102 Silver talents and 25/33 Gold talents
- Maximizing Experience Points (spoilers!)
- Talent point balance mod
- Full Combat Rebalance
- Character Development