Before this quest can be started, you must obtain Count Romilly's figurine during the quest Open Sesame! by winning it for 300 during the auction. This is the only time you can obtain this item and quest.
Once you have the figurine, take it to any craftsman and dismantle it to obtain two items: Count Romilly's will and an ornate key. Read the document to learn of a treasure located underneath Arnskrone Castle Ruins.
Travel to Arnskrone Castle, which is located in Deadwight Wood, northeast of Heddel. If you have not visited this area before, you'll be greeted by a leshen and a pack of wolves. Another treasure hunt quest, The Secret Life of Count Romilly, may also be picked up here if you didn't already visit the area.
Descend into the cellar where you'll come across wraiths. The chest to be looted for the completion of this quest is through the left door and a 180° turn around the corner.
- While at the Borsodis' auction, Geralt bid a not insignificant sum on a strange figurine. Why, you ask? Perhaps it was that famed witcher's intuition, for after dismantling the figurine Geralt found he had also become the owner of a letter and a heavy, ornate key...
- The letter, he discovered, was Count Romilly's last will and testament. From it he learned treasure might be hidden in Arnskrone Castle.
- Geralt set off to the eerie ruins of Arnskrone Castle, the Romilly family's one-time home, and found a chest full of treasure in its crumbling underground passages.
- Read the letter.
- Search the ruins of Arnskrone Castle.
- If not already done, this quest can be done at the same time as The Secret Life of Count Romilly (both require opening chests in the cellar area).