However you find the camp, kill off the bandits then loot the chest for the horn and a journal. If you found the horn before getting the notice, the journal will need to be read to know what to do next.
Head to Holmstein to find Mathios and give the horn back to him. He'll be displeased you killed the thieves as they weren't evil men, but will nonetheless reward you with 20 , completing the quest.
Journal entry Edit
- If happened upon the horn accidentally:
- While scouring Skellige for reasons more important, Geralt happened to find a horn. Any other man might have shrugged and scoffed - not so the witcher, and not because he occasionally enjoyed a toot. Inside the chest containing the horn, Geralt also found a journal. The witcher read it, hoping to learn something about the individual to whom the horn had belonged.
- If obtained from the notice board:
- Holger Blackhand had stolen a great many priceless goods during his many plunderous raids. Yet none of these foreign trinkets could rival the carved horn passed down to him from his ancestors for his affections. The warriors he had recently banished must have known this - for they took his horn as an act of vengeance against Holger. Holger had let it be known that whoever found his prized possession would receive a hefty reward. Geralt, who could track thieves and stolen goods like no other, decided to investigate.
- The witcher managed to retrieve the stolen horn, then returned it to Holger's envoy in Holmstein. Though this warrior was saddened when Geralt told him of the thieves' fate, he paid every copper of the promised reward.
- Track down the thieves and retrieve Holger's horn.
- Find the stolen horn.
- If you found the horn before the notice:
- Read the journal you found in the chest with the horn.
- Bring the stolen horn to Mathios.