Far south of Condyle, on the small peninsula, you'll find a grave hag standing over a corpse near a ruined building. Kill her off, then loot the body for a key and a crumpled letter. Note: sometimes the grave hag doesn't appear until after you opened the chest.
After reading the letter, head to the western side of the burned down building to find the chest and unlock it to complete the quest. It'll have random loot but always has Harvall and Diagram: Impera Brigade armor.
Journal entry Edit
- During his travels, Geralt came across a certain letter. As he was picking it up, he could not help but notice it mentioned something about valuables. He decided he would have to be sure to give it a careful read.
- Come back to me, I'm begging you. Each day's more dangerous than the last. There's strange men lurking outside the house. Watching me. Carrying weapons. I'm afraid they know something about our stash of valuables and are waiting for a chance to rob us - or worse.
- I remember what you wrote earlier. That you can't abandon your post now, that they owe you back pay, that if you don't wait, the coin's gone for good. But what would you rather be - a rich widower, or a poor husband?
- Your Halley
- We shall never know if Janne preferred being a rich widower to being a poor husband, or if Halley's letter simply never reached him. Either way, the poor woman died, though the stash of which she wrote remained. Geralt made sure it found a good home.
- Read the letter you found.
- Find the valuables in the burned-down home using your Witcher Senses.