There are a number of abandoned sites scattered about the various regions in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and its expansions, Hearts of Stone expansion and Blood and Wine expansion. In general, abandoned sites are initially populated by hostile creatures or bandits, though once all enemies in a site are killed, it becomes repopulated by civilians.
- Abandoned site west along the road from Hangman's Alley
- Refugees' Camp
- Abandoned site south of the Refugees' Camp
- Mire Landing (also known as Cestersover), located south of Byways
- Olena's Grove
- Boatmakers' Hut
- Campsite west of Lurtch
- Fireburst Harbor (also known as Lovers' Landing)
- Calveit Watchtower
- Abandoned site in east Velen, just west from Oxenfurt Academy
Hearts of Stone expansion
- The animation that plays after players liberate an abandoned site in Toussaint always have Geralt sheathing his silver sword, even if he didn't use it during the fight.