We know of several alchemists through the alchemical manuscripts and books that are mentioned or found throughout the books and game. There may be more, who spent less time writing, and more time simply experimenting, who have left no trace in "history". Some alchemists from the books and game are listed below.
In The Witcher, most alchemists are also merchants and at least one is a witch. In fact, the only known alchemist in the game who is not also a merchant is Azar Javed.
- the Alchemist in the Trade Quarter marketplace
- the Alchemist at the Workshop in the Trade Quarter
- Abigail, the witch, trades alchemical ingredients (and indulges in a bit of alchemy herself)
- Azar Javed
- Master Jeremiah, listed as the author of the book Basics of Alchemy
- Keira Metz
- Alchemist at the Crematory outside Novigrad
- Albert Vegelbud
- Jonna of Rannvaig
- Freya Priestess
- See the GWENT standalone game version card: Alchemist