|This article is about the alchemy ingredient in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. For the potion base used in The Witcher, see Potion bases.|
It can be purchased from the following merchants:
- Bram in White Orchard (24)
- Elsa in White Orchard (24)
- Herbalist at the roadside shrine in White Orchard
- Tomira in White Orchard
- In alchemy, the Alkahest is an hypothetical universal solvent that has the property of dissolving every known substance and curing every kind of disease.
- It's the default alcohol used to replenish potions and bombs during meditation, although, if no alcohest is available, other alcohol such as dwarven or Mahakaman spirit can be used for this purpose.