The Axii Sign is a simple magical sign used by witchers. It is a mental wave that triggers a hex that causes an enemy to fight alongside the witcher. The effect can wear off over time or be broken via damage from the casting witcher.
In the game, the Axii sign can be used to lessen the number of hostile creatures or humanoids Geralt is fighting, a way of evening the odds. The witcher's skill with the sign is developed through the allocation of talents. Note that while hexed creatures will fight alongside the witcher, their kills will not grant experience.
- To use the Axii sign, right-click on the desired target
- Endurance is used whenever the sign is cast, if the overall level is too low, Geralt will not be able to cast the sign
Circles of Elements
Circles of Elements dedicated to the Axii sign include:
Opponents with immunity
Opponents with susceptibilty
- Zeugls (presumably)
- In the translation by Danusia Stok, Axii Sign is called Axia. In the Polish novels, the Sign is known as Aksji.
- In the short story "A Grain of Truth", Geralt uses this Sign to calm his horse, Roach.
- The icon for Axii Sign is based on the alchemical symbol for Water.
Axii is a charm placed on an opponent. If the charm attempt is successful, the enemy will become your ally for a short while, fighting at your side.
The process of charming an enemy will take several seconds of Geralt channeling the spell (during which he is open to being attacked), however the "target" itself is unable to act during the channeling and given enough time will ultimately submit.
When Enhanced, the Axii Sign increases damage & vitality of charmed enemies by 20/50%, depending on level. Increased levels possibly also increases the duration that enemies stay charmed - this is yet to be confirmed.
With the Fatal attraction upgrade, the sign can charm up to three foes at once.
- Axii can be used during dialogs and conversations with NPCs, in order to obtain more information or special benefits. Often it is an alternative to either "Persuasion" or "Intimidation".
Axii charms an opponent's mind to stun, making him temporarily eliminating him from combat. The stun effect disappear after 7 seconds or when the target is harmed.
The Puppet ability can enable an alternate sign mode, making the targeted enemy to briefly become an ally and dealing more damage during this period.
This is the only sign that can be used on a mount to calm his fear level.
Axii can be used during conversations with NPCs, in order to obtain more information or special benefits. Some Axii dialog choice may require a higher sign level to be able to use it.