Map description Edit
- This vineyard's former owner racked up significant debts with a loan shark, who then sold them to bandits for collection. When they found he had no coin to collect, they murdered him alongside all other residents of his estate. As if that were not heinous enough, they then made the vineyard their base, from which they would hijack trasports of wine to fuel their drunken orgies. So fierce and well-stocked were they, none could chase them off - until one brave alchemist spiced a transport crossing their territory with a powerful extract of ricin.
Until 1275, Belgaard was owned by Count Vladimir Crespi, whose ownership of the vineyard came to an end when he was murdered by the Beast of Beauclair. Following the Count's death, Belgaard was taken over by the Ducal Chancellery and put up for auction. Two contenders, namely Liam de Coronata and Matilda de Vermentino, each already owning a vineyard, placed bids to acquire Belgaard. However, the Ducal Chancellery had rejected both bids owing to the host of problems plaguing the contenders' existing vineyards.
Associated quest Edit
- Once the second part of Wine Wars: Belgaard is complete, the banners will change to reflect its new owner(s).
- Matilda's will be a red and yellow checkerboard pattern
- Liam's is a blue wolf on a yellow background
- If both take over, the flag will be split in half: the left side being the front half of the wolf, and the right side being Matilda's checkerboard pattern.