You will find the employer Count Beledal near Chuchote Cave talk to him. After agreeing to help he will give you a map which will show you where to start so read it. Note that if you choose to negotiate the contract price, Beledal will simply agree to pay any amount you request.
Note: The quest cannot be done when it's dark so you will have to meditate till morning if it's late.
Finding the Panthers
You will have 3 locations marked on the map, the closest will be a Bear which you will have to kill if you get to close, another will have Deers and last a Panther and her cub nearby. The Panther is caught in a bear trap so you will have to free it, however before you do use Axii on her else you will be forced to fight it.
Giant centipede Nest
After you are done with the Panthers search for the Giant centipede nest. Use your witcher senses to hear the sound of their burrowing and follow it to the nest. Once you find it you will have to find a safe vantage point, you have 3 positions to choose from, however only one will be appropriate, after you pick the right one you will have to lure the Giant centipede using noise. You can use Aard or a Bomb on the nest to lure them out.
Finding the Peacocks
Last but not least the Count will ask you to find Peacocks for him to get a glimpse of their mating rituals as they are adored by his daughter, however Geralt will point out they ended a month ago so they won't spread their tails. So the count will ask if Geralt couldn't try to use his magic to make them do it, which he will agree to try. After getting close to the destination use your witcher senses to find a feather which will allow Geralt to track them by the smell or you can just follow the sound of their cries to find them. Now use Axii to make 3 Peacocks spread their tails. After he captures the shot a Giant centipede will attack, kill it and you will return back to the camp where his men will reveal his daughter is disabled, the Count will pay Geralt and ask if he will show up tomorrow for the exhibit, which you can accept or decline.
Important: If you ask about his daughter this will count as "Proof of Compassion" but only if you freed the Panther without killing it.
- One day, Geralt happened upon an unusual contract notice. Someone was seeking the aid not of some unnamed witcher, but specifically of the witcher named Geralt of Rivia. The notice listed no other details, so Geralt, admittedly intrigued, resolved to see what was the issue.
- The individual so intent on employing the White Wolf and no other was a certain Count Beledal, a nobleman from Kovir. The aristocrat wished to embark on a nature trek with the legendary witcher, and my dearest friend, as his guide. As the count was offering an exceptionally generous fee, and the job seemed simple enough in its nature, Geralt did not take long to accept the job.
- The excursion with the Koviri noble proved rather refreshing, though not nearly as safe and certainly not as boring as Geralt had initially assumed it would be. During its course, the witcher was forced to fight giant centipedes, to tame a number of panthers, and to attempt to control a flock of peacocks. In a word, he had a grand old time, while at the excursion's end his coin pouch grew markedly heavier.
Pleased with the excursion and with Geralt for proving a consummate professional, Count Beledal invited the witcher to attend a picnic he was to host the very next day.
- To refuse the invitation of a luminary such as Count Beledal would have been tactless. Thus Geralt appeared at the nobleman's temporary residence at the appointed time. There he had an opportunity to view the paintings his host had produced based on the illusions he had captured during their excursions using the parestisomach. Grateful for the excellent job the witcher had done as his guide, the count decided to additionally reward him, granting Geralt one of his works.
- Talk to Count Beledal.
- Check Count Beledal's map to find good spots from which to spot animals.
- Escort Count Beledal.
- Escort Count Beledal near the panthers' lair.
- Use your Witcher Senses to find the panthers.
- [Optional] Calm the panther.
- Free the panther from the trap.
- Lead Count Beledal to the giant centipedes' lair.
- Use your Witcher Senses to locate giant centipedes.
- Follow the sound.
- Find a place with a good view of the lair.
- Wait for the count.
- Destroy the nest to flush the giant centipedes out.
- Wait for the count to "preserve" the giant centipedes.
- Lead the count to the place where peacocks live.
- Use your Witcher Senses to find the peacocks' tracks.
- Follow the peacocks' trail.
- Wait until the count is ready.
- Use the Axii sign to force the peacocks to open their tails. 0/3
- Kill the giant centipede.
- Wait until noon tomorrow and go to the picnic.
- At noon, go to Count Beledal's lodgings and take part in the picnic.
- [Optional] Peruse the exhibit.
- Talk to Count Beledal.
- This quest can count as compassion towards There Can Be Only One if the player frees the panther then later joins Beledal at the feast and asks about his daughter.