Journal entry Edit
- Ciri's explosion of power had frightened everyone, her most of all. Clearly these uncontrolled outbursts could not be allowed to happen again, and so when the sorceresses departed for Novigrad to gather the Lodge, Ciri, Geralt and Avallac'h remained at Kaer Morhen for a few more days. The Sage hoped to teach Ciri a few tricks for controlling her power.
- Sad to say, in the beginning her training was not progressing as hoped. Ciri had trouble focusing - rage and resignation would overwhelm her in turns.
- If Geralt chooses drinking:
- Though he desperately wanted to, Geralt did not know how to help her. The only idea that came to mind was to offer her some honest conversation over a few hearty glasses of something strong.
- If Geralt chooses to have a snowball fight:
- Geralt, the wily old wolf, knew how to deal with this. Instead of hitting her over the head with some dry motivational lecture, he decided to resort to less conventional measures and... started a snowball fight. pure genius! And what fun! Ah, how I would have loved to have been there... But no matter, the important thing is this moment of carefree respite worked wonders on Ciri - her discouragement slackened and she returned to her training with newfound verve.
- The next morning Ciri woke Geralt before dawn. She was wide-awake, a look of intense excitement on her face and urgency in her voice. What had brought her to this state? The prospect of revenge - she knew Imlerith would soon be attending a witches' sabbath on Bald Mountain. That would be their chance.
- Leaving the safety of protective walls behind them, Geralt and Ciri ventured to Bald Mountain to exact their revenge on Imlerith.
- Talk to Avallac'h about what to do next.
- If Geralt chooses snowball fight:
- Don't let the snowballs hit you. (8)
- Defeat Ciri in a snowball fight. (8)
- Make more snowballs.
- Return to Ciri when you're ready to hit the road.
The timed dialogue option
- Relax. You don't have to be good at everything.
- Think I know what might lift your spirits.
is one of several dialogue choices that determines Ciri's status at the end of the game. The first option contributes to the "bad" ending, while the second option contributes towards a "good" ending. The game gives you a strong hint regarding its consequences. If you pick the first choice, during the subsequent conversation, the game will show you a cat consuming a swallow. Note that this dialogue is the first deciding factor of the game, and it is still possible to achieve any ending after this point.
Another important factor in this quest to especially keep note of is if Geralt chooses to take Ciri back to Emhyr. If the player does go with this portion of the quest before heading to Bald Mountain, the player will be presented with a choice that is also a pivotal factor in deciding the game's ending; when returning to the Emperor's palace, Geralt is presented with a massive reward for completing his task as the Emperor has willed it. However, the player is presented with two dialogue options that must be chosen before time expires:
- Thanks. Definitely need it more than you do.
- Didn't do this for the coin.
Accepting the Emperor's award will cause Ciri to resent Geralt and will definitely contribute to the negative ending, whereas rejecting the coin will cause Ciri to be happy over Geralt's choice and would contribute to a more positive ending. It should also be noted that choosing to return to the Emperor would help contribute to an additional ending (Ciri becomes Empress).
- Upon returning to Kaer Morhen after completing this mission, a glitch may be encountered in which Keira will be found at the site of the the funeral pyre. On the map, her Alchemist icon will be visible, however the only way to reach her is to jump off the battlement where Geralt chats with Ciri prior to the earlier battle. Once reached, Geralt can ask her a mixture of questions from both the funeral pyre scene and her Velen location, plus buy goods. However, reaching her is a one-way trip as the door to reenter Kaer Morhen is locked and the area is otherwise surrounded by deadly cliffs.