| ||When King Foltest answered Henselt's request for aid with twenty foot soldiers from the Blue Stripes commando, Henselt grew furious. What difference could they possible make... ? Well. As it turned out, an enormous one.|| |
|- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game|
The Blue Stripes was an elite Special Forces unit in the Temerian military. It was headed by Vernon Roche, a former peasant that rose through the ranks to become one of King Foltest's most trusted military leaders. His second-in-command was Ves, a highly trained archer and arbalist.
The unit consisted of dauntless swashbucklers, interrogation specialists, noiseless scouts – all of them extremely loyal to their leader.
So far the Blue Stripes unit has suffered only one failure – they haven't managed to capture the infamous bandit Iorveth.
The fate of the Blue Stripes
During their stay in Flotsam, Bernard Loredo's collusion with Kaedwen is found out. Roche, disgusted by the man's treachery, decides to thwart his plans and raid his mansion. With Geralt's help, the Blue Stripes succeed. Not much later they set sail to support Henselt in his campaign against Saskia.
Unfortunately, during their stay at Henselt's side, the whole unit is accused for conspiracy and hanged on Dethmold's order.
Without the witcher's aid, Vernon's plan of overthrowing Bernard Loredo had no chance of success thus the unit had to flee Flotsam.
- Special unit forces, like the Blue Stripes, are known of their efficiency and ruthlessness. Their members are mostly people who have "nothing to lose", enjoy "hunting non-humans", and are often treated as "human Scoia'tael".
- Ves is the only female member.
- One of the Blue Stripes members proposed to Triss.
- Every Blue Stripes member has a tattoo.
- Silas claims that Fenn is psychotic.