This quest, along with the three other Brothers in Arms quests for each region, is learning where Ciri is. It takes Geralt to Velen where he must find allies for the impending battle against the Wild Hunt.
One ally to be found in Velen is Keira Metz, whom you would have already met before. If you had already completed the secondary quests An Invitation from Keira Metz, A Towerful of Mice, A Favor for a Friend, and For the Advancement of Learning, this quest is trivial as it auto-completes because Keira's fate has already been decided. Otherwise, you must complete the four aforementioned quests in order to finish Keira's storyline. Whether or not you gain her as an ally, however, depends on the outcome of the fourth quest, For the Advancement of Learning. In order to have Keira as an ally, in that quest you must engage in peaceful dialogue with her, and offer her the chance to go to Kaer Morhen.
Letho may also be recruited as an ally by completing Ghosts of the Past, provided that he was not killed in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. However, recruiting Letho is not required for the Full Crew achievement/trophy.
- The one person in Velen who could help Geralt battle the Wild Hunt was Keira Metz. The witcher hoped their longstanding relationship and the sorceress' concern for the fate of the world would incline her to take part in the battle.
- If Geralt sends Keira to Kaer Morhen:
- Though Keira might come off as haughty and self-obsessed to some, in her heart of hearts she was completely different. Geralt knew which cords to pluck in order to get her to agree to help. After their conversation, the sorceress promised to stand and fight at Kaer Morhen.
- If Geralt fails to convince Keira:
- Yet it turned out Keira was too absorbed in her own troubles to go to Kaer Morhen. Geralt had to continue on without her.
- Talk to Keira Metz.
- Help Keira take care of her business in Velen.