Cave troll liver is an alchemy ingredient in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that can be dismantled into monster liver and monster blood. It is needed to craft the following items:
- It can also be obtained from some rabid rock trolls, like one found slightly east of the stone ruins in the forest (green on map) just southeast of Kaer Muire on the southern end of Ard Skellig. The troll is outside around a hill.
- Another rabid rock troll can be found in the monster den northwest of the Border Post, however you will have to fight the Nekkers guarding the entrance before you can reach it.
- There is also a rabid rock troll encountered when first reaching the Trail to Yngvar's Fang fast travel point.
- It can also be found on dead trolls, including one in a small cave in the mountainside north of the path leading westward from Harviken, near the third pillar with a torch.
- Ice trolls, either due to an oversight or intentionally, do not drop this item.
- Three can be found as part of the unmarked quest Farting Trolls.
- If A Deadly Plot is done, the trolls encountered during this can drop it.
- During the day, a rabid rock troll may appear at the drowner nest south of Ard Skellig's Crossroads. This happens after you have cleared and destroyed the drowner monster nest there and then meditated until 8 am the following day. Then the troll will appear.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.