Go to The Pali Gap Coast. Once there Yennefer will attempt to unlock the entrance which will awaken one of the two Golems standing guard. After it's dead Yennefer will finish opening the door and you may enter.
There are only four things of note in the first room:
- First, a pile of cookies on the table to the right of the table with the sketches of Ciri/Lara. Geralt will remark on them, but their discovery won't affect anything.
- Second, a note called Caranthir's Progress can be found in the small bookshelf next to the entrance doorway.
- Third, Yennefer will draw your attention to a table with some distillates and herbs, indication that someone was just there.
- Forth is a hairbrush on a table in the hallway leading to the next room. However same as the cookies, finding it will not affect anything.
Entering the next room starts a cutscene in which Geralt, Ciri, and Yen examine Lara Dorren's complete genealogy and Avallac'h's notes. After the cutscene, the player may loot Remarks Concerning the Death of Auberon from the right side of the long table underneath Lara's genealogy. Note: The document is invisible and isn't revealed by witcher senses.
There is a mirror and a container of perfume that can be examined, but they aren't necessary.
After that you will reach a door and Yennefer will remark that someone is on the other side. Inside you will find a female Aen Elle, who will insult Ciri and claim that Avallac'h secretly hates her.
After completing the search of the laboratory, there will be a timed dialogue option with Ciri:
- Calm down.
- Go for it.
The first option contributes a point to the bad ending, while the second contributes a point to the good endings.
If you pick the latter Geralt and Ciri will wreck the place. Afterwards, you can back to the room you found the Aen Elle woman in and loot the book Tales and Legends About Humans. Once you leave the place Ciri will start conversing with Geralt about a matter she wants to take care of.
- Yeah. I'll go with you.
- No time.
Choosing to go with Ciri will start Skjall's Grave and will contribute a point to the good endings, while denying Ciri's request will contribute to the bad ending. If you agree to go you will have the option to leave right away or tell her you will meet her there. The quest ends there.
- Ciri pulled Geralt aside for a confidential heart-to-heart. She confided to him that Avallac'h had a hidden lair, a secret place that not even Ciri, his star pupil and long-time traveling companion, had been allowed to visit. Intrigued, Geralt decided to enter this secret lair and find out what the Seer was hiding.
- The most important part of any conspiracy is for the co-conspirators to trust each other fully, and Ciri's revelation had cast a shadow of suspicion on Avallac'h. Geralt knew light must be shed on this shadow before it proved too late.
- It turned out Avallac'h's well-guarded secret was a hidden laboratory in which he carried out research on Lara Dorren's gene - the gene Ciri bore within her, the cause of her power and her misfortune. Ciri was understandably less than thrilled to see herself through Avallac'h's eyes as a subject in some twisted experiment.
- Meanwhile, they also discovered this secret research wasn't the only reason the Seer kept the place hidden. Avallac'h seemed to have been using it as a pleasure alcove for trysts with his elven lover. Who would have thought? It turns out even the wisest of sages is not always driven by pure reason alone.
- Travel to the island where Avallac'h's laboratory is located.
- Talk to Yennefer.
- Wait for the door to open.
- Neutralize the golem.
- Explore Avallac'h's laboratory using your Witcher Senses.
- Talk to Yennefer.
- Talk to Ciri.
- Search the laboratory using your Witcher Senses.
- Meet Ciri outside the laboratory.