After completing the search of the laboratory, there will be a timed dialogue option with Ciri:
- Calm down.
- Go for it.
The first option contributes a point to the "bad" ending, while the second contributes a point to the "good" ending.
In the next dialogue encounter, Ciri will ask to visit Hindarsfjall.
- Yeah. I'll go with you.
- No time.
Choosing to go with Ciri will start Skjall's Grave and help achieve the "good" ending, while denying Ciri's request will help with the "bad" ending.
Journal entry Edit
- Ciri pulled Geralt aside for a confidential heart-to-heart. She confided to him that Avallac'h had a hidden lair, a secret place that not even Ciri, his star pupil and long-time traveling companion, had been allowed to visit. Intrigued, Geralt decided to enter this secret lair and find out what the Seer was hiding.
- The most important part of any conspiracy is for the co-conspirators to trust each other fully, and Ciri's revelation had cast a shadow of suspicion on Avallac'h. Geralt knew light must be shed on this shadow before it proved too late.
- It turned out Avallac'h's well-guarded secret was a hidden laboratory in which he carried out research on Lara Dorren's gene - the gene Ciri bore within her, the cause of her power and her misfortune. Ciri was understandably less than thrilled to see herself through Avallac'h's eyes as a subject in some twisted experiment.
- Meanwhile, they also discovered this secret research wasn't the only reason the Seer kept the place hidden. Avallac'h seemed to have been using it as a pleasure alcove for trysts with his elven lover. Who would have thought? It turns out even the wisest of sages is not always driven by pure reason alone.
- Travel to the island where Avallac'h's laboratory is located.
- Talk to Yennefer.
- Wait for the door to open.
- Neutralize the golem.
- Explore Avallac'h's laboratory using your Witcher Senses.
- Talk to Yennefer.
- Talk to Ciri.
- Search the laboratory using your Witcher Senses.
- Meet Ciri outside the laboratory.