Looking for any information that can lead him to Ciri, Geralt searches the room that Ciri had occupied. The following clues can be found inside the room which is located on the middle floor of the castle across from the kitchens:
Open up the inventory and read the book. Apparently Ciri was researching curses for some reason. Additionally, the Baron and his wife appear to have friends in high places in Vizima by the looks of the dedication in the book.
Head into the kitchen, which is just across the hall, to find Gretka and speak with her. Geralt may ask for information about Ciri but Gretka seems to know little despite being as helpful as can be. She will show the witcher a special gift left to her by Ciri, a green stone, which Geralt says is very valuable. Give the spinning top to Gretka to complete the quest.
- Having learned which room Ciri had stayed in during her time at Crow's Perch, Geralt, for whom any excuse to paw through others' possessions is a good one, decided to search it and see if she had left anything behind that might help him find her.
- Though Geralt failed to find any breakthrough clues in Ciri's room, he was moved near to tears by the signs of her presence that he found there. They say witchers do not experience emotions as strongly as ordinary humans, but there was a powerful bond between Geralt and Ciri, and in that moment the witcher could not keep his heart from swelling.
- As he searched he realized Ciri must have left Crow's Perch in a great hurry. But where was she hurrying to? That our hero did not know.
- Examine the room where Ciri stayed using your Witcher Senses.
- Read the book entitled "The Natural Obscurity of Curses" from Ciri's room.
- Go to the kitchen and talk to Gretka.
- This quest fails if it is not completed before travelling to the Isle of Mists.