After getting the contract from the gravedigger, make your way up to the church, where several rabid dogs will be. Kill them and then investigate the area. Examine the dug up skeletons to note no tools were used then head around to the back of the graveyard where, on the southwest side, another pile is, this time of an overripe cadaver. Follow the scent over a broken bridge to a hut and enter. Examine the bowl just inside the hut, then the cauldron, and finally the skeleton heads in the corner. Geralt will then conclude it's a grave hag and he'll need to take the skulls to lure her out at night, so pick them up and head back to the graveyard.
Once you interact with the pedestal inside the church, time will pass until its night and a short cutscene plays with Mourntart appearing. Once she's dead, collect the grave hag trophy, then head back to the gravedigger to complete the quest.
Journal entry Edit
- If Geralt found the hut before taking the contract:
- In an old cottage Geralt came across living arrangements that clearly indicated the occupant was no humanoid. He decided to investigate what manner of being had made the building its home.
- If Geralt talked to the gravedigger first:
- Geralt took a contract the gravedigger of Lindenvale had hung on the village's notice board. It seemed the village cemetery was full of monsters who seized children as their victims.
- Geralt investigated the matter and discovered a grave hag hunted nearby. With the investigation part of his task complete, it was on to the luring-out-and-slicing-to-ribbons phase.
- After ridding the village of the monster, Geralt collected a trophy from its body and went to the gravedigger for the promised bounty.
- Talk to the gravedigger.
- Go the cemetery.
- Defeat all enemies in the cemetery.
- Explore the cemetery using your Witcher Senses.
- Follow the scent of cadaverine using your Witcher Senses.
- Investigate the lair using your Witcher Senses.
- Take the skulls.
- Put the skulls in the cemetery and wait for the grave hag to come.
- Kill the grave hag.
- Take a trophy.
- Collect your reward from the gravedigger.