Cyprian Wiley, more well known as "Whoreson Junior", was one of the four crime bosses of Novigrad in 1272 alongside Sigi Reuven, Carlo Varese, and Francis Bedlam. His gang used to control, together with the Blindeyes, The Bits district of the city, where they were in possession of an arena, a casino, a hideout in Novigrad, and a residence in Oxenfurt.
Little is known about Cyprian Wiley's life before becoming part of the criminal underworld of Novigrad. He was the son of Alonso "Whoreson" Wiley who, just like him, was a feared and ruthless crime lord. As a young boy however, Cyprian was often beaten by his father, which might have been the cause of his future cruel and merciless attitude.
In the end, Wiley decided to put a stop to his father's reign by ordering his assassination. Soon after, now under the nickname of Whoreson Junior, he inherited all of his father's possessions like casinos, fighting rings, and brothels and became one of the most powerful crime lords in the city.
Sometime between 1267 and 1272, the most noted crime lords of Novigrad decided to set aside rivalries and forge an alliance of coin: thus Cyprian Wiley, Carlo Varese, Francis Bedlam, Gudrun Bjornsdottir, Sigi Reuven, and Hierarch Hemmelfart founded the Syndicate.
Wiley and Hierarch Hemmelfart started a collaboration: the latter started selling zealots of the Eternal Fire to Wiley, who were later, without their knowledge, sent to his arena to be slaughtered in order to please the audience, as well as fatten Wiley's and the Hierarch's purses.
Eventually the Syndicate was replaced by the Big Four, where Wiley still held a well-to-do position.
In 1272 Whoreson Junior was contacted by Dandelion and Ciri, who needed his connections to find someone who could repair a phylactery. Junior accepted to help them, provided that they would bring him Count Reuven's treasure. Whoreson however started thinking that Ciri and Dandelion were trying to cheat on him, so he kidnapped their friend Dudu in order to capture them whenever they would come to save him. In the end, Ciri managed to free Dudu and escape from Junior.
Following Radovid's orders, Whoreson sent his henchmen to the city bathhouse, where the other three members of the Big Four were having a meeting, having already noted Whoreson was acting outside the group's interests, in order to kill them. The attempt however failed and Carlo Varese started hunting Whoreson for vengeance, sending his men to raid Junior's hideouts.
At the same time, Geralt of Rivia started looking for him too, hoping to find information about Ciri. In the end, King Radovid himself sold out Junior as he no longer needed him and revealed that Whoreson was hiding in a mansion in Oxenfurt.
The witcher headed towards Oxenfurt and there finally confronted Whoreson who, after a painful interrogation, revealed everything he knew about Ciri.
- If Geralt kills Whoreson Junior: Whoreson Junior was killed by the witcher. Taking advantage of the situation, the doppler Dudu decided to hide in Novigrad by hiding under the guise of Whoreson Junior himself. The doppler however didn't want to act as a criminal, thus he revealed to his men that he finally converted to the Eternal Fire, selling all his illegal enterprises and acting now as a respectable business man. Cyprian Wiley, the man who never helped a soul during his entire life, was now becoming one of the most honest citizens of Novigrad.
- If Geralt spares Whoreson Junior: Despite being an insane degenerate, the witcher decided to spare Wiley. Every criminal in the city however later found out that he was collaborating with Radovid, thus Junior lost all his powers and was forced to live as a homless for the rest of his life.
Journal entry Edit
- Cyprian Wiley the younger was one of Novigrad's most dangerous criminals. He had inherited his father's casinos. fighting ring and brothels - as well as the old man's sadistic tendencies, ruthlessness and lack of scruples.
- These traits had made the moniker "Whoreson" something of a family heirloom for his powerful criminal clan.
- Cyprian also took after his father in terms of ambition. He broke the unwritten armistice between Novigrad's various criminal groups and tried to murder the other three leading underworld bosses.
- Whoreson's audacity had a very specific cause - King Radovid. who had commissioned the gangster's actions.
- As it turned out. Radovid's plan was for Whoreson to start a gang war in Novigrad. In the resulting chaos. Radovid would take control of the city with ease.
- While searching Cyprian's home den of iniquity. Geralt discovered the nickname "Whoreson" was in fact an understatement - something much stronger was needed to describe a man who delighted in murdering captive women.
- If Geralt spares him:
- Though few would have mourned his passing. Geralt decided not to kill Whoreson. As soon as Radovid withdrew his protection and his old enemies were free to exact revenge. Whoreson's career was doomed to an inglorious end.
- If Geralt kills him:
- In addition to blackmail, extortion, murder and torture, the list of Whoreson's crimes also included trying to harm Ciri. Geralt took this very personally and made the bandit pay for this last sin with his life.
Associated quests Edit
- See the GWENT standalone game version card: Cyprian Wiley