At the bridges and river crossings of war-torn Velen, expect to encounter groups of ne'er-do-wells. They can be hostile, so use diplomatic conversation choices, avoid them, or engage them.
First deadly crossing Edit
At Troll Bridge you encounter a group of bandits ordering a toll to be paid and you can do the following:
- Pay the bandit 50 (earns 5 )
- Use Axii (Requires Delusion level 2, earns 35)
- Fight and kill them (will have to use the wheel on the bridge to manually lower it)
Second deadly crossing Edit
Several looters are sifting through the corpses of the fallen Black Ones at the long wooden bridge north of Lindenvale. They've found a relic sword they want to sell. You can:
- Buy the weapon (Mourner) for 525 (earns 52 )
- You can also buy it, kill them, and loot another sword off of them
- Refuse, and be on your way
- Refuse, kill them, and take the sword for free
Note that if you approach with a weapon drawn, they'll automatically become hostile.
Third deadly crossing Edit
Find them west of Dragonslayer's Grotto, in the woods at a junction between roads. Unlike the rest, there's no way to interact with them as they're openly hostile if you get too close.
Fourth deadly crossing Edit
This one is not part of the official list. See Highwayman's Cache for more details.
At the bridge east of the Boatmakers' Hut are 3 bandits demanding a toll. They can be hostile or told to back down. If they back down, they'll make their way up the road to the Boatmaker's Hut and stand around there.
- Fight them by saying they'll have to take the coin off you
- Point out your medallion and be allowed to pass through
Journal entry Edit
- This quest has no journal entry.
- This quest has no journal objectives.