To start the quest, loot the spy's notes from a crate at the hidden treasure marker northeast of the White Orchard mill and northwest of Cackler Bridge. Read the spy's notes to complete the first objective. The quest will complete at this point if you have already looted the pertinent container in the abandoned hut prior to reading the notes.
For the next objective, head to White Orchard's mill. Go to the shack slightly northeast of the windmill, and climb down to the stairs leading down which are obscured by some loose floorboards. Descend into the underground chamber, knocking down the door with the Aard sign. Loot the second chest on the left to complete the quest.
Journal entry Edit
- Geralt followed the instructions mentioned in the notes and found the deserters' cache - and what a rich find it was!
- Read the letter you found.
- Find the deserters' cache using your Witcher Senses.
- As the location is out of the way, by the time the player reaches it they most likely already did the related quest, Temerian Valuables, in which case this one will automatically complete after reading the Spy's notes.
- If Temerian Valuables has not been triggered, one of the chests in the chamber will be locked.