Difficulty level is a mechanism in The Witcher game series affect the degree of challenge each game features.
- Easy - "For novice gamers. Combat is easier. Alchemy is not required to survive".
- Medium - "Intermediate level recommended for most gamers. Combat is challenging. Alchemy is useful".
- Hard - "For advanced gamers. Combat is difficult. Alchemy is required to survive".
There are four levels of difficulty:
Just the Story! (Easy) Edit
Enjoy a Smooth Ride Through the World
- If you are a casual gamer or just someone who wants to play for the story, choose the first difficulty option.
- Meditation regenerates vitality.
Story and Sword! (Normal) Edit
You're Happy to be Challenged
Blood and Broken Bones! (Hard) Edit
You're a Seasoned, Demanding Gamer
Death March! (Very Hard) Edit
You're Truly Insane and Loving It
- Choose it if you are a hardcore gamer and worry that the other modes would be too easy for you!
- Meditation does NOT regenerate vitality.
Difficulty settings Edit
These values were pulled from extracted game files and looking through the scripts.
|Enemy Damage Bonus||0%||+40%||+130%||+230%|
The difficulty setting can be changed at any point in the game through the Options menu.
There are three levels of difficulty:
Adventurer (Easy) Edit
For players who want to sit back, relax, and enjoy the story with the option to skip battles.
Battle-Hardened (Normal) Edit
For players seeking a moderate challenge and an impactful story.
Bonebreaker (Hard) Edit
For players familiar with Gwent and ready to put their skills to the test.