This quest begins at the hidden treasure marker across the river from Gustfields Farm. Upon reaching the area, you'll be greeted by a level 32 basilisk, thus draconid oil would prove useful, as well as the Golden Oriole potion to neutralize the beast's poison.
There will be a woman's corpse nearby. Loot it to obtain an unsent letter, and a slightly bent key. Read the letter to determine the existence of a treasure chest somewhere in the vicinity.
A few steps northwest from the corpse, there is a broken rowboat, beside which lies a chest. Loot it for some random items to complete this quest.
Journal entry Edit
- Travel in wartime can be dangerous. For example, once Geralt came across an abandoned cart by the roadside, and near it found a blood-stained letter written in an elegant female hand. Intrigued, he began to read...
- My dear papa,
- The wedding's over. It's done. It didn't all go exactly like I'd imagined as a little girl, but, well, you always taught me to make the most of what I've got. We're traveling now, so I'll send this letter as soon as we arrive.
- I'll start with what I'm sure interests you the most - financial matters. As I'm sure you've noticed, a few crowns have gone missing from your lockbox, the cupboard's a couple silver plates lighter, and your jewelry box isn't near as full as it once was. I took it. As my dowry. No doubt much less than you'd have given, had I but found myself a "worthy partner," but, tough, that's life.
- Kurt – or, as you like to call him, "that good-for-nothing bare-arsed lazybones" - is now my husband. And your daughter's precious purity, which you cared about more than her feelings, tears or pleadings - well, it's only a memory now.
- We'll soon arrive at our destination. Naturally, I won't tell you where exactly that is - just in case you get it in your head to come visit. Wherever it is, know your silver will be enough to set up a nice home. That's important - because I'm expecting a child. Are you glad? I doubt it. You always said poor matches only produced mutts and scoundrels. So it's a good thing you'll never have to see this one.
- Your little girl,
- Geralt derived pleasure from the spirit of headstrong defiance found in Jeanette's letter to her father, and when he searched the place where her boat sank, this pleasure only increased. The woman truly had taken a sizable dowry from her old man.
- Read the letter you found.
- Find the treasure chest using your Witcher Senses.