Einar Gausel is a secondary character in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. He is a merchant (who primarily sells books), dice poker player, and (with patch 1.2 installed) barber who can usually be found in the building north of the dwarven smithy in the non-human district of Flotsam. You can purchase books about monsters from him, which are necessary to progress in the quests The Nekker Contract and The Endrega Contract.
Template:Spoiler Later on in Chapter I, if Geralt chooses Iorveth's path, the non-human district is burned and the non-humans massacred. Geralt is told that Einar Gausel collaborated with Loredo and betrayed his race.Template:Endspoiler
- If Lobinden's nonhumans had been organized as a community, the dwarf Einar Gausel would have been the closest thing to its leader. Though the Scoia'tael considered him a collaborator on a human leash, Einar tried to represent the nonhuman minority as best as he could, even if that meant mediating between its members and the commandant. Furthermore, he ran something akin to a bookshop. Given its location in what was a complete backwater, his selection of titles was quite impressive.
- In addition to being a well-informed bookseller, Einar Gausel was also an accomplished barber. In discovering this, Geralt learned of the only person in Flotsam who would be able to do anything about his hair.
- The Art of Magic
- Drowners: A Textbook for Initiates of the Order of the Flaming Rose
- The Kayran - A Monograph
- The Grand Triple
- Harpies - Daughters of the Gale
- The Horrors of War: Rotfiends
- Monstrum, or a Portrayal of Witchers
- Nekkers in the Mist
- The Pontar Valley
- The Realms of the Nordlings
- The Temerian Royal Dynasty
- The Temerian Special Forces
- Three Years Among the Endregas
- The Valley of the Flowers
- The Viziman Uprising
- Wraiths: Fear and Trembling