| ||Elves are proud beings with fiery temperaments, but they can't take care of themselves. It's a good thing they find those who bring them food once in a while.|| |
|- Geralt's Journal entry|
These elves were a band of wounded and starving refugees who at one point found shelter in the cave on the Lakeside near Murky Waters. They were led by Toruviel and had a relationship with the villagers that could at best be described as uneasy. They spent their days fishing or trying to heal their own sick and wounded.
One elf, in particular, stood guard outside the cave all day and night. Toruviel, Chireadan, the elven craftsman, and some other elves come out to the shore during the day and return to the cave at night. Because of the dire situation they found themselves in, the elves accepted any food, including wyvern meat and gutted fish.
- Daily Bread
- Dice Poker: The Sharper
- Free Elves
- The Giant Centipede Contract
- The Heat of the Day
- It is possible to lure Wyverns and Wolves to the cave entrance. Any elves in the area will fight these creatures. As Toruviel is essential to later primary quests, she can be wounded and knocked down but never killed. However, wyverns can easily kill all the other elves outside the cave, and none of them will respawn. Because Chireadan and the Elven craftsman are helpful, if not necessary, for other quests, take care to defend them against any foes you lure to their cave's entrance.
- If you do let a wyvern kill them, the elves' remains will contain the following:
- Elven craftsman has 500 , two Elven swords of the Blue Mountains, and one Deithwen dagger.
- Chireadan has 50 , two Ceremonial sword of Deithwen, one Deithwen dagger, and a set of "Rare dice #9" (which do not appear in your inventory or quest items after you loot them).
- The generically named Elf's remains have 26 , a grindstone, and one Deithwen dagger.