After giving the initial 5,000 , the runewright will then ask for you to acquire some jade for him, as it's needed for part of his craft. With that, go pick up the pickaxe in the nearby barn and head to the locations far east, north of Novigrad.
While 3 locations are marked, only one has enough jade and naturally is the only location with enemies: Bloodrot Pit (the middle location). You'll have to fight off several groups of arachnomorphs before you can then examine the the center of the first area of the cave, near the base of the pillar. Once extracted, head back and you'll see he's set up a basic workstation and thanks you for the jade, completing the quest.
Note that, while the quest is complete, to unlock all 3 craft levels you'll need to pay him substantially more: 10,000 for the second and 15,000 for the final (master) level. While the quest ends after handing over the jade and earning 100 , there are additional rewards to collect. Each time you pay for an upgrade to the runewright, you gain an additional 100 (200 total).
- The Ofieri runewright got down to work, but announced at once that more advanced runes or glyphs would require special materials. Jade, it seems, is a necessary part of advanced runewrighting. Since Geralt was interested in enchanted goods of the better sort, he decided to look around for a hunk of this element.
- Finding large quantities of jade was not easy, but when the witcher set his mind to it, he could even find a dove in a blizzard. Soon enough the Ofieri runewright had what he desired.
- Find a pickaxe.
- Acquire a hunk of jade for the Ofieri runewright.
- Take the hunk of jade to the Ofieri runewright.
- There was a common bug in which the pickaxe cannot be picked up in this quest, making the quest impossible to complete. However, as of Patch 1.12, this bug has been fixed. Those with their game updated should not experience this issue any longer.