If you offer to help they'll accept your assistance. Important: you need to keep both of them alive to complete the quest. However, they're both overzealous about glory and will recklessly run in, most likely getting themselves killed in the process. To combat this, use Axii on one of them at the entrance to hopefully keep them at bay a short while.
Head in and go to the right to run into a large group of ghouls and devourers and kill them off, making sure to watch your allies and their health bars. Once all these necrophages are dead, head further into the cave to find an alghoul. Once it's dead Geralt will automatically talk with the two warriors again, giving 50 and 60 as a reward, completing the quest.
Journal entry Edit
- Though Skelligers are famed warriors able to hold their own in almost any battle, those whom Geralt encountered near the old mine on Hindarsfjall seemed to be in need of help. They had sworn to clear the mine of ghouls and were plucking up the courage to do so, but Geralt did not deem it likely they would manage the task on their own. When he proposed his expert assistance, they hesitated at first, but ultimately decided to take him up on the offer.
- Successfully keep them alive:
- What tremendous good fortune it was that Geralt showed up at just the time and place where he was needed! With a touch of help from the warriors, he made swift work of that pack of nefarious necrophages and cleansed the surrounding area of danger, earning him the gratitude of all who dwelled nearby.
- Help the warriors kill the necrophages in the old mine.
- Even if one warrior dies making you fail the quest, the other will still carry on, even going as far as trying to take on the alghoul. However, even if you help kill it off, the remaining warrior won't talk to you.