At the hidden treasure marker just southeast of Blandare you'll find a wagon with a dead horse and merchant. Loot the body for a key and letter, and read the letter to learn the location of the hidden chest.
You can likely hear the nearby drowners, however you don't have to fight them if you wish. Instead, you can skirt around to the west, then head out into the waters to find the chest, which contains the D'yaebl sword and miscellaneous loot.
Journal entry Edit
- Geralt found a crumpled note on the body of an itinerant merchant. Intrigued, he decided to examine it more closely.
Praise be to Freya, Our Great Mother!
- They said the road was fraught with danger, that sea devils awaited any who traveled it, that a bandit was lurking behind every tree.
- But I sacrificed a lamb to Freya and put on an amulet made of falcon feathers - and what do you know, made it all the way across the isle without having to so much as draw my sword! And I did some damned fine trading along the way - packed my chest so full of silver and other treasures that my back almost snapped when I was setting it on the wagon.
- If everything goes as planned, I'll be home by tomorrow around sunset. I'll owe the goddess mightily for taking such care of me!
- Perhaps Freya judged the offering inadequate, or perhaps she had always scorned the merchant - one way or the other, the poor fellow did not manage to make it home alive. Geralt took custody of his abandoned possessions, though I doubt the thought entered his head to thank the goddess for this.
- Read the crumpled note.
- Find the treasure chest using your Witcher Senses.