Gorthur Gvaed, also spelled as or Gorthwe Gvaed, Gorthwr Gvaed or Gorthvr Gvaed and at times called the Viper Keep or Blood Gate Keep, was a seat of the witcher School of the Viper. Built in the deep chasms of the Tir Tochair mountains it served the Vipers until it was destroyed by the Usurper's army.
Notable residents[edit | edit source]
- Gerring of Kharkiv
- Letho of Gulet
- Mysterious assassin
- Ivar Evil-Eye
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Welsh, gorthwr is a donjon, or keep, the main fortified tower of the castle. Gwaed can denote both blood and lifeblood, the essence. The possible translation (perhaps Gnomish) could then be "Lifeblood Donjon" or "Donjon of the Lifeblood".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Witcher Role-Playing Game – Polish edition
- According to the translator of Polish edition of the game, variants Gorthwr and Gorthvr are just fancy spelling for Gorthur and are pronounced the same way.
- The Witcher Role-Playing Game
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
- The Witcher
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt