Haern Caduch, known also as Haern Cadvch, Haern Cadwch or Bear Keep, was a seat of the witcher School of the Bear. Built on the snowy heights of the Amell Mountains, it served the Bears until they were forced to abandon it due to folk riots. Though it might been left in disrepair or been buried by time or the elements, it is believed that the Bear Keep still stands in the mountains and some long-time members may have come back to re-occupy it as witchers are neccesary again.
Known inhabitants Edit
- One of the possible translations of the castle's name could be "Piercing Whiskers".
- Word haern appeared in an inscription on Geralt's silver sword: Dubhenn haern am glândeal ..., which is said to mean My glare will pierce through darkness .... Dubhenn seems to tenote darkness and am is presumably my but the exact meaning of the two remaining words remains uncertain.
- In Welsh, cadwch can mean whiskers or brow and frown or scowl.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 According to the translator of Polish edition of the game, variants Cadwch and Cadvch are just fancy spelling for Caduch and are pronounced the same way.
- ↑ The Witcher Role-Playing Game
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- ↑ Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
- ↑ Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
- ↑ Season of Storms