Head to the southwest pat of Faroe Isle to find a cave entrance where, just outside it is an endrega worker guarding a body. Kill it then loot the body for the message and a key. After reading the letter, it'll point you to a location inside the flooded cave.
Head in where you'll have to dive down at one point and swim through the tunnels to reach the other side, where several endrega drones and a venomous arachas await. Once they're all dead, look down one of the dead end tunnels to find the loot to complete the quest.
Journal entry Edit
- They say one can hardly spit in Skellige without splashing a pirate or a pirate's treasure. Geralt's adventures confirmed the wisdom of this proverb several times over. For example, one day he happened across a letter indicating the location of some hidden plundered booty...
- We hid the treasure, and hid it good - no one's gonna find it, not in a million years. Writing exactly where and how would be plain foolish. So let's just say it's high time you return to our old puffin hunting grounds.
- Soon as you join us, we sail to the Continent. We gotta to[sic] hurry. They say Jorre swore to the gods he wouldn't rest till he's found us, flayed us and took back his treasure. Hypocrite bastard. He could have split it evenly, like we first agreed. But no. He wanted to cheat us. And then got what was coming to him. Fucking weasel.
- P.S. When you get there, keep your sword at the ready. Those are dangerous waters.
- When Geralt entered the underground cavern, he had to admit it was an excellent hiding place. Perhaps too excellent, in fact - the treasure mentioned in the letter was still there, and it seemed this Njall fellow had never come to collect it.
- Read the letter you found.
- Find the treasure hidden in the underwater cave using your Witcher Senses.
- The quest may complete immediately after reading the letter, without directing you to loot the chest in the cavern. Nevertheless, the journal entry updates to say that the chest has been looted.