A horse is a domesticated animal, often used as a mount or pack beast. In the novels, it is the primary method of transportation. Distances are also often measured in multiples of a "day's ride", which is said to be between 35 and 50 miles per day for very good specimens and perhaps closer to 20 miles per day for "average" animals.
- Caparison – A caparison is a covering, or cloth, laid over a horse, especially a pack animal, or horse of state. It is part of the horse armour known as barding, which was typically worn during warfare
- Saddle – A saddle is a supportive structure for a rider or other load, fastened to an animal's back by a girth.
- Bridle – A bridle is a piece of equipment used to direct a horse. It usually consists of leather headstall, bit and reins
- Roach – the name Geralt gives to all his horses. His preference is for mares. The original name is polish Płotka. It was usually brown horse.
- Kelpie – Ciri's mare. She was an incredibly strong, fast and beautiful black horse.
- Pegasus – Dandelion's white, gelding. Original polish name is Pegaz.
- Babiyetza – Dulla's apprentices white, mare.