In his past he studied at Oxenfurt Academy, where he even became member of staff but later, after failed uprising, left for the free city. He later spent a year in the dungeons of Tretogor and even took part in the Battle of Brenna.
- We met Joachim von Gratz, chief surgeon at Vilmerius Hospital, in very unfortunate circumstances. My Priscilla had been attacked and he was tending to her wounds.
- I must admit I was so shaken I hardly remember our first meeting, save that he was a cool-headed doctor who seemed to know a great deal about the previous murders and offered his help investigating the matter.
- It seemed the surgeon was no stranger to violence, for he bore a formidable scar worthy of a veteran of the Battle of Brenna.
- Geralt also noted that Von Gratz seemed quite experienced at navigating the sewers and fighting the monsters dwelling within it.
- It was hard not to notice that Joachim von Gratz did not care much for the city coroner, Hubert Rejk, who dropped in unexpectedly on Geralt and the doctor at the morgue.
- If Geralt didn't catch the real murderer:
- In the end von Gratz was eliminated as a suspect, but like Geralt he had to admit defeat in his attempts to outwit the psychopathic murderer.
- Shani served under von Gratz for a year as his assistant.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.