"Killing Monsters" - is the title for a series of sound files and tidbits in the form of graphics that developers released to fans in advance of the publication of the third part of third franchise called The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
The giveaway began on June 10, 2013, with presentation of the debut gameplay trailer at E3 2013 in Los Angeles and ended with the release of "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Killing Monsters Cinematic Trailer" during 14 August 2013. Later in 2015 and again in 2016 with Blood and Wine expansion a graphic novel expanding story called The Witcher: Killing Monsters was published.
- In final game Lambert will make a reference to this during first quest with him.
- The Goodies download page first appeared when the Debut Gameplay trailer premiered - and as with CDPR tradition, it contained a secret message.
- The list of goodies changed every Monday.
- The wallpapers were offered in three resolutions: 1920x1200, 1920x1080 and 1600x1200.
- The sound files were provided in two formats: MP3 and WAV.
- The last goody (dated August 12, 2013) was replaced on the Mini homepage by a counter, counting down to August 14 at 8pm. Ultimately, the goodie which appeared at approx 9:45pm was the Killing Monsters Cinematic Trailer.
- On August 21, 2013, CDPR published an "Unreleased version of the Killing Monsters main theme" and made it available for download. There was also be said, that Adam Skorupa was it's composer.
- The soundtrack of the "Killing Monsters" trailer has Elvish lyrics, sung by Gregorian singer Paweł Szczyciński. (Source: The Witcher 3 Musik, "Music Imaginary" at soundcloud.com, last visited: 2014-06-15.).