This quest may be picked up from the notice board at The Cockatrice Inn.
After you find the note go to the The Ducal Camerlengo he will give you directions on where to go, so you can easily find the right locations using quest markers. The quest can be done while exploring as you need to clear 15 Undiscovered locations, which are Persons in Distress, Knight Errants in Distress, Abandoned Sites and Hanse Bases. You probably already know how some of them work, however Hanse Base and Knight Errant in Distress are new.
Knight Errant in Distress works much like Person in Distress only the Knight will be fighting the bandits and can die, however they are very capable of handling things on their own, so it's unlikely they will die even if you just stand and watch.
Hanse Base works much like an Abandoned Site, i.e. after you clear it allied NPC's will inhabit it, however they are much more dangerous. The bandits form pretty much a small army and there is always a weak bandit who will attempt to light a signal fire calling additional reinforcements for aid unless you kill him before he does. There is also a leader who you must kill as a final boss.
Here are all locations that are quest related:
- Arthach Palace Ruins lead by Antoine Straggen
- Mont Crane Castle lead by Filibert von Wittan
- Tulasens Caves lead by Loth
Person in Distress
Knight Errant in Distress
- North-northeast of Fox Hollow
- South from the Palace Gardens past the Seidhe Llygad Amphitheater
- West of Mont Crane Castle
- Fox Hollow overrun by bandits
- Fort Astre Ruins infested by a Spriggan
- Another location infested by a Cyclops south-southwest of Fort Astre Ruins
- Hortense Vineyard infested by Giant centipedes
- West of Casteldaccia overrun by bandits
- Basane Farm infested by a Werewolf
- West from Arthach Palace Ruins overrun by bandits
Each time you clear a location you can go back to The Ducal Camerlengo who will pay you 100 for the job. After you complete all of them he will award you the Trophy (Knight for Hire) which you can equip on Roach.
- Geralt came across an altogether typical looking notice – someone was looking for the help of knights or other "strongmen." He concluded he met the above-stated requirements and set off for Knights Dormant Square to meet with the ducal camerlengo.
- Geralt completed all the contracts the camerlengo had to offer him. The reward he received was not quite what he had expected, true, but valuable all the same.
- Go to the ducal camerlengo to learn the details of the contract.
- Complete the contracts you took on from the camerlengo. 0/15
- [Optional] Go see the ducal camerlengo to collect your pay.
- Go see the ducal camerlengo about your reward for fulfilling the contracts.