A knout is a multiple whip, that inflicts great pain, and is generally used as punishment for crime. A victim will be chained and receive lashes from the knout. It is a favorite of the Nilfgaardian Empire, and is used at the Nilfgaardian Garrison to keep law in order.
- Roedskilde: Would flog his apprentice Istredd, for personal enjoyment.
- Stefan Skellen: Used a grey knout.
- Skomlik: Used a knout to attack Ciri.
- Cahir Mawr Dyffryn aep Ceallach: Used a knout to attack peasants.
- Giselher: Used a knout against a bandit in Loredo
- This weapon is mentioned in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt by Peter Saar Gwynleve after the local ealdorman tried to give him rotten grain, he received fifteen lashes.