Korreds, also known as korrigans, rutterkins, rumpelsticks, or mesmers, are creatures described as being from the family Strigiformes, which would suggest they are owl-like. However, in the novels they are described more as "family monsters" typically found in basements, where they hibernate.
Korreds were supposed to appear in the third game during its development in 2013 - 2014 but were removed prior to the game's release.
Information from leaked materials
- Owl-like monster of the size of human. Lives in caves or basements. It's an intelligent monster, but quite vicious.
Usually occurs alone, it's a strong opponent.
- Role in the group: Individual
- Preferred behavior: ranged - uses magical attacks
- Special attacks and actions:
- Strong attacks - his attacks are slow paced but deal high damage.
- Jump to the ceiling - Korred can jump to the ceiling of a cave (when fighting in a cave or cellar) and then fall down on his opponent, dealing damage. Player can dodge or use Quen to protect himself. Korred uses this ability to deal damage to opponents blocked by his stone blockades.
- Spawn blockades - Korred can spawn magical stone blockades from the floor of a cave or basement and block movement of his opponent. Player can destroy a blockade by casting Aard two times on it.
- Jump - the monster can jump to different places on the location. The maximum distance of a jump is 10 meters. Korred uses this ability to jump out from blocked areas.
- Dodge - Korred can dodge strong attacks.
- Vital points:
- Instant kill:
- Piercing both lungs - causes the creature to suffocate and die slowly (cost: 3 points for each lung).
- Protection: none
- Critical effect/disable ability:
- Cutting ligaments - disables the Jump to the ceiling, Jump and Dodge abilities (cost: 3 points).
- Massive damage:
- Piercing stomach - deals high damage (cost: 2 points).
- Piercing a lung - deals high damage (cost 3 points each lung)
- Instant kill:
- Immune to: Silver
- Vulnerable to: Steel
- Leaked CD Projekt Red from 2014