When first approached the drawbridge will be retracted and the only entrance is an underwater cavern guarded by several drowners swimming in the moat below. The drawbridge can be lowered once inside to make return visits much easier.
- Years ago smugglers would come here to load and unload illicit cargo. Now this fort's treasures are still to be ransacked. The drawbridge is out, forcing intrepid souls to locate an underwater entrance up into this place.
- Inside the castle keep there is a book called How to Avoid Colossal Vessels. It is presumably a reference to the real book, How to Avoid Huge Ships.
- Instead of going through the cave to reach the tower's interior, the player can simply leap over the gap onto the cliff's right side crags and climb over the fence in order to lower the bridge.
- Alternatively, one can climb up the hill from the Place of Power and circle around to the front with a couple of precise jumps, then climb over the fence.
- Sometimes 2 hidden treasure markers will show up at this location instead of just 1 (for the Griffin School Gear).