Nibbles is a gray and black cat that can be encountered for the first time in Oxenfurt and then throughout the entire third game, including the Hearts of Stone expansion and the Blood and Wine expansion.
- During Family Matters, appears as a domestic cat in the house of Voytek's brother in Oxenfurt where Tamara Strenger is hiding.
- During The Play's the Thing, watching Geralt's play from the roofs of Novigrad.
- During Blood on the Battlefield if Geralt suggests drinking with Ciri to try and get her mind off things.
- During Final Preparations, on a table during a meeting with the recently liberated sorceress Margarita Laux-Antille.
- During The Isle of Mists, Nibbles is mentioned by the sleepy dwarf Gaspard.
- Hearts of Stone expansion:
- Blood and Wine expansion:
About Nibbles Edit
"When Nibbles first appears in the Family Matters questline, Tamara Strenger is walking down a set of stairs before meeting with Geralt for the first time, and we needed a diversion for that short period of time. So I sat down with one of the quest designers and we added a cat sitting on a table to the scene. We had it play a small role where it would interact with Geralt by exchanging stares with the Witcher, distracting players as Tamara would descend the staircase."
Like many cats, Nibbles proved inexplicably endearing once the team got to know him. "To this day we have no idea who named the cat Nibbles, but we liked the end result so much that it became an inside joke in cinematics department. So we gave it a few more roles to play," says Kapuściński."We never expected the few appearances it makes in Wild Hunt to be noticed, but we're happy for Nibbles that they were. We've put that cat through a lot of life-threatening situations and it's been there as a brave observer of Geralt's story unfolding before players. Nibbles might not be part of some bigger plan, or a cursed character, or a mage practising the art of polymorphy. But he's our little actor that started out small, and, through hard work, has managed to become the star of its own little internet legend. We couldn't be any prouder of Nibbles!'