The Outskirts of Vizima is a rural area where mostly farmers live. The area's population is led by the Reverend, and is currently suffering due to the attacks of a mysterious Beast which spawns hordes of barghests. There are also some troublesome drowners and a few ghouls lurking about.
- Abigail's house
- Royal huntsman's camp
- Odo's house
- Old mill
- Walls of Vizima:
- Circle of the Windy Wanderer
- Two caves:
- A crypt:
- Five Eternal Fire shrines
- "Like any large city, Vizima also has its Outskirts. Near the city walls stand the houses of townspeople who could not afford to live in the city or could not stand the stench of its gutters. A little further out, among the fields and meadows, peasants have their thatched-roof homes. Unfortunately, the hard times have left their mark on the Outskirts. Many houses are vacant, their owners killed in the war, slain by monsters or taken by the plague which ravages the area."
Destinations from here
- The Miller's Gate, the only physical way out of the Outskirts is to finish Chapter I. You will not be able to return here.
- The Maribor Gate, technically allowing entry to Vizima, but locked for the duration of the game.
- The Merchants' Gate, technically allowing entry to Vizima, but locked for the duration of the game.
- Abigail — A woman whom the local townspeople call a witch.
- Alvin — A gifted child.
- Haren Brogg — Shady character, self-styled "merchant and middleman", who sells goods used in making bombs.
- Kalkstein — Alchemist
- Mikul — City Guard
- Odo — Drunkard, wealthiest person in the Outskirts.
- Reverend — Priest of the Eternal Fire.
- Shani — Old friend of Geralt's.
- Vesna — Waitress at the Inn.
- Zoltan Chivay — Old friend of Geralt's.
- People of the Outskirts
- Traveller, who remembers hiring Geralt to slay garkains but not having paid him then. He gives Geralt 100 .
- Be careful when wandering around the Outskirts during night; the abandoned houses have become ghouls' lairs. Keep in mind, however, that sometimes the ghouls will not show up.