Rat wizard was supposed to appear in the base game during its development in 2013 - 2014 but beast was removed prior to release.
Information from leaked materials Edit
- Ghost of the wizard surrounded by the rats. Similar to "Morowa dziewica".
- Role in the group: Individual
- Preferred behavior: careful - performs melee attacks only when the opponent is near, uses ranged attacks from a greater distance.
- Special attacks and actions:
- Fast attacks - when in close range, he attacks with fast paced strikes, dealing medium damage.
- Rats summon - he growls and spawns rats swarm that chases his opponents, when it's near the target it deals damage - the rats are climbing on the opponent and bite him (rats VFX is also played on the target). Player can use Quen to protect himself from the rats. Player can use Igni or a bomb to destroy rats. Rat wizard can spawn up to 3 rat swarms.
- The flies breath - Rat wizard can also breath flies swarm from his lungs. The flies is a projectile attack.
- Shield of rats - Rat wizard can spawn rats that cloak him (he growls to do it). He gains armor this way. Player can disable the shield casting several Igni spells or using bombs (each hit with a spell decreases the number of rats protecting the monster).
- Vital points:
- Instant kill:
- Soul piercing - the soul of this wraith is in its head. Geralt has to hit the occiput to be able to strike the soul. Player has to get on the back of the monster to be able to use this vital spot (cost 5 points).
- Protection: none.
- Critical effect/disable ability:
- Cutting Vocal cords - disables Rats summon attack and the Shield of rats ability (cost 2 points). Not enabled when the monster uses the Shield of rats ability.
- Piercing lungs - disables Flies breath ability (cost 2 points). Not enabled when the monster uses the Shield of rats ability.
- Massive damage
- Piercing Thymus - will Poison the monster.
- Instant kill:
- Immune to: Steel, all witcher's signs except for the Aard. Shield of rats can be destroyed with Igni.
- Vulnerable to: Silver, Aard
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.