"Zerrikanian wizards have learned to harness the energy of hot desert storms and bind it into an arcane mixture. When detonated, the Samum releases this energy and stuns opponents with the ferocity of desert winds."
Upon detonation, this bomb stuns any creatures within range, provided they are not immune to this effect.
- A Zerrikanian invention, Samum found its way North thanks to merchants and was later adopted by the witchers. The bomb stuns and immobilizes all creatures within range, rendering them defenseless against the witcher's blade.
- This bomb is ineffective against creatures resistant to Stunning.
Samum works well as a means to stun foes while preserving Stamina. Be careful not to get caught in the blast; while Geralt won't be rendered immobile, players won't be able to properly target enemies until the effect wears off.
See also Edit
- Samum (samiel, sameyel, samoon, simoun, simoom, simoon) is a strong, dry, dust-laden local wind that blows in the Sahara, Israel, Jordan, Syria, and the deserts of the Arabian Peninsula.
- In Islamic tradition, Samūm is a type of fire in the Quran in reference to infernal heat and in Extra-Quranic accounts, also to a kind of demon created from this fire.
- There was also a top secret Polish intelligence operation which was called "Operacja Samum" (Operation Simoom).