This section is for finding the superior diagrams.
While you can find the diagrams by just exploring, an easy way to get all the locations marked is to buy Edwin Greloff's third map from the armorer in Hierarch Square, which will then reveal them all.
The silver sword diagram is found near Elverum Lighthouse on the southern tip of Ard Skellig, in a large cave. As you head in through the unmarked entrance, go right at the first split and continue to follow it all the way to the final room. The diagram is in one of the chests in the area behind the tomb.
All the armor diagrams are found in the top northeastern part of Ard Skellig, near Giants' Toes. There's a medium sized group of pirates/bandits here though all along the coastline, so kill them off and make your way to the last campfire and you should find the chest among the rocks nearby, containing the armor, gauntlets, trousers, and boots.
The steel sword diagram is found on An Skellig, west of Yngvar's Fang, though it might be easier to fast travel to Urialla Harbor and ride Roach to the spot instead. You'll likely be spotted by some bandits nearby, so kill them off as you approach the stone shrine with the griffin marking carved into it. The chest with the diagram is just behind the stone.
- During one of his numerous adventures, Geralt got his hands on a map covered with strange markings. He quickly deduced that they indicated the locations of hidden witcher caches and, intrigued by the chance of discovering long-lost crafting schematics, he set out to find them.
- Find the steel sword upgrade diagram using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the steel sword upgrade diagram.
- Find the armor upgrade diagram using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the armor upgrade diagram.
- Find the silver sword upgrade diagram using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the silver sword upgrade diagram.
- Unlike the other parts of the scavenger quest, this one doesn't display the second paragraph in the quest journal.