This section covers finding the mastercrafted diagrams for the armor, silver sword, and steel sword.
The steel sword diagram you'll need to swim or sail out to, as it's out in the waters far west of Byways and marked by the sunken ship's mast (and also the location of a sunken treasure marker). Drowners tend to spawn around here and while the wolf marker is in the captain's cabin, the chest you need is below deck, so swim down the stairs and the chest will be right behind them.
The armor diagram is just to the southeast of Byways, at some unmarked elven ruins. The chest you're looking for is in one of the fountains on the ground level (the left one if looking towards the stairs with the elven archway decoration). Wraiths may spawn here if you move closer towards the chest up on the stairs (as they're related to the guarded treasure marker).
The silver sword diagram is located at a hidden treasure marker south-southwest of Kimbolt Way, but guarded over by a fiend. You'll need to kill it so you can then loot a corpse near the wooden door for a key and notes. Once you have the key, go unlock the door and you'll find the chest in the far back of the small room here.
Journal entry Edit
- Geralt happened across a map which contained markings showing the locations of caches of old witcher diagrams. He set out to find them in hopes of improving his equipment.
- Find the steel sword upgrade diagram using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the steel sword upgrade diagram.
- Find the chest armor upgrade diagram using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the chest armor upgrade diagram.
- Find the silver sword upgrade diagram using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the silver sword upgrade diagram.