Season of Storms (Polish: Sezon burz) is the sixth Witcher novel and eighth overall book in the series written by Andrzej Sapkowski. It is not a follow-up to the spin-off of the Witcher series proper, but instead a midquel, set before "The Witcher" short story but after most of the other stories in The Last Wish.
The book was published in English on 22 May 2018 and translated by David French. It's available in hardcover, paperback, and digital format.
- Geralt of Rivia is a Witcher, one of the few capable of hunting the monsters that prey on humanity. A mutant who is tasked with killing unnatural beings. He uses magical signs, potions, and the pride of every Witcher - two swords, steel and silver.
- But a contract has gone wrong, and Geralt finds himself without his signature weapons. Now he needs them back, because sorcerers are scheming, and across the world clouds are gathering.
- The season of storms is coming...
- Geralt of Rivia
- Lytta Neyd
- Yennefer of Vengerberg
- Sorel Degerlund
- Ferrant de Lettenhove
- Addario Bach
- Pyral Pratt
- Algernon Guincamp
- Frans Torquil
- Nimue verch Wledyr ap Gwyn
- Antea Derris
- The letters sent by mages inform that the year the action takes place in is 1245. This is inconsistent with information provided in The Tower of the Swallow, which implicates that Dandelion would not leave the academy, devote his life to poetry, and meet Geralt until 1248. The correct year of action appears to be 1250, a year after Geralt leaves Yennefer after their time spent in Vengerberg.
- A possible explanation is that mages use a different dating system from the rest of the Continent and assume that the Resurrection takes place 5 years later.
- Portuguese: Tempo de Tempestade, (WMF Martins Fontes, 2019)
- Czech: Bouřková sezóna, translated by Stanislav Komárek, (Leonardo, Ostrava 2014)
- French: La Saison des Orages, translated by Caroline Raszka-Dewez, (Milady, Montreal 2015)
- German: Zeit des Sturms, translated by Erik Simon, (2015)
- Hungarian: Viharidő, (PlayON, 2018)
- Italian: La stagione delle tempeste, (Nord, 2016)
- Dutch: Het Seizoen van Stormen (Luitingh Sijthoff Fantasy, 2017)
- Russian: Сезон гроз, (AST, Moscow 11/2014)
- Serbian: Sezona oluja, translated by Zorana Lutovac, (Čarobna knjiga, Beograd 10/2014)
- Slovak: Búrková sezóna translated by Karol Chmel (Plus, 2018)
- Spanish: Estación de tormentas, (Alamut, 2015)
In December 2014 Fonopolis and audioteka.pl released audio play based on Sezon burz, lasting about 13,5 hours and voiced by 84 actors, including Krzysztof Banaszyk (Vernon Roche in Assassins of Kings) as Geralt, Anna Dereszowska as Yennefer, Sławimir Pacek (minor characters in video games) as Dandelion, Karolina Gorczyca as Lytta Neyd and Krzysztof Gosztyła as narrator. It was the first book from The Witcher series released directly as audio play – previous books were released as classic audiobooks in 1990s, and re-released as audio plays in 2010s.
Part of the novel was adapted and expanded as The Witcher: Fox Children comic book by Dark Horse Comics. Blurp says that: Geralt's journey leads him aboard a ship of fools, renegades, and criminals—but some passengers are more dangerous than others, and one hides a hideous secret!