On Undvik, head to the hidden treasure marker north of the lake here (west of the Dorve Ruins signpost), to find several bandits around a boat. Once they're dead, loot the bag on the small boat for the torn piece of paper and read it to start the quest.
Head out to the marker area (where you can see part of a ship sticking out of the water) and dive down to loot the chest here, which contains Bloed Aedd.
Journal entry Edit
- Geralt found some cryptic notes which seemed to be hiding some sort of secret. He decided to investigate further.
...and then the old druid said, "If it really is wisdom and knowledge you seek, take your most valuable possession and put it in a chest. Then sail to Undvik, climb the mountain and walk the ridge. Bow once to each of the four winds, commend yourself to the gods and toss the chest into the sea."
- Holvarg did as the druid counseled, then returned to the Sacred Grove. "I tossed the chest in the sea," Holvarg said. "But I don't feel one bit wiser." The druid replied, "That is because there are no shortcuts on the road to wisdom. Neither saying prayers nor making offerings nor listening to the words of wise men will grant it to you. That is your lesson." Hearing this, Holvarg flew into a rage and strangled the druid with his bare hands, then stuck his head on a pike and set it out in front of his house, so everyone would know that, while he might not be wise, he was nobody's fool.
- The witcher combed the bottom of the mountain lake and found the treasure Holvarg had abandoned there.
- Read the notes you found.
- Search for treasure on the bottom of the lake using your Witcher Senses.