"There is a mysterious boundary between the worlds of the dead and the living, one which is easier to cross for restless specters than for humans. To injure a spectral opponent, first anoint a blade with this oil. Only then will the weapon truly part the curtain dividing the worlds, thereby damaging the specter."
A blade coated with Specter oil causes increased damage to spectres.
- If it is created by "experimenting" the recipe will be added to the Journal without the need to apply it to a sword first. You can still buy the recipe from Abigail even if you obtain it that way, but of course that will just be a waste of money.
The following merchants will buy this oil:
- The Order armourer in the Temple Quarter.
- The alchemist on Salt Square in the Trade Quarter.
- The butcher in the Trade Quarter.
- The baker in Murky Waters.
Geralt begins the game with four of these. The formula can be bought from Anezka in Lobinden, from Felicia Cori in Vergen or from Master Myron at the Kaedweni camp. In Loc Muinne, the formula can be bought from The Incredible Lockhart, Marcus, or Felicia Cori.
- Witchers apply this grease to their blades before fighting ghosts, apparitions and all manner of damned phantasms. It is the most effective oil against foes of this type.
- This oil is ineffective against humans and monsters other than wraiths.
There is no formula as Geralt already has the knowledge to make this at the beginning of the Prologue.