Stun is a critical effect with the following characteristics:
- Geralt is incapacitated, i.e. control of Geralt is temporarily ineffective.
- Opponents can kill Geralt with one hit (coups de grâce using ordinary swords or simple finishing blows using non-witcher style weapons).
- When stunned, enemies' attacks are temporarily stopped as they remain afflicted.
Enemies who have less than 33% of their vitality left may be stunned and/or knocked down by any short weapon attack. Nevertheless, as with heavy weapons, they can not be used in stun-finishers, meaning that while Geralt performs a finishing move, only increased damage is dealt but the opponent will not die as a result unless the damage exceeds current vitality.
Opponents who use stun
Opponents with immunity
- Drowned dead
- Greater brothers
- Kikimore queens
- Kikimore warriors
- Mutant assassins
Opponents with resistance
- Armored hounds
- Bloedzuigers (low)
- Barghests (some)
- Giant centipedes
- Hellhounds (possible)
- Royal wyvern
Opponents with susceptibility
Weapons which stun
- Meteorite sword with one red, one blue, one yellow meteorite piece.
- Meteorite sword with one yellow, two red meteorite pieces.
- Meteorite sword with one red, two yellow meteorite pieces.
- Meteorite sword with three yellow meteorite pieces.
You are stunned, your head reeling and vision swimming. You can't take any actions while stunned and anyone attacking you only has to beat DC:10 to hit you. To end this effect you must make a Stun save. �is roll takes your whole turn. If you are struck while stunned you snap out of it immediately.