Szlifierz kości which could be roughly translated as grinder of bones is creature which was part of the early design for the third game, but was dropped later.
Szlifierz kości was supossed to appear, although looking different, in base game during its development in 2013 - 2014 but beast was quickly removed and we would not know of all of this if not of leaked materials.
Informations from leaked materials
Giant, blind human. Lives among dogs.
- Role in the group: overseer of his minions
- Preferred behavior: blind - attacks even if no target is near (special “blind attack” animations are required). Tries to hear the target (see below).
- Special attacks and actions:
- Blind strong attacks - his attacks are slow paced but deal high damage. The monster is blind, it attacks in the general direction of the player, it doesn’t chase the player, but approached him slowly and performs random attacks on the way.
- Blind Charge - if player is in specified distance and makes a “loud action” (casts a Sign, throws a bomb, makes a dodge or starts running) Szlifierz will try to charge in this direction. If player gets hit, high damage and knockdown effect is applied. Player can cast Quen to protect himself from damage, but not the knockdown effect. Player can dodge. If the monster hits a wall it will be stunned for a while (it kneels).
- Summon dogs - this is the first action in combat. Szlifierz summons a pack of dogs, that will attack his opponents. Szlifierz can summon a maximum of 2 packs of dogs in the whole fight. After second pack is killed, he stops summoning dogs.
- Huge creature - doesn’t play hit animations when it is in the middle of an attack animation (duration animevent).