Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Head to the location north of Keira Metz's hut, where you'll find 3 bandits standing around the entrance to Gaetan's stash. Kill them off, then climb down into the hole where the chest is right there, containing 250 , Teigr, and a letter, completing the quest. However, you can also examine the trophies in the small alcove as well if you wish.
Journal Entry[edit | edit source]
- Gaetan probably hadn't expected that Geralt would spare his life. Out of gratitude, he told Geralt where he'd hidden a stash of goods and said he could take from there whatever he wanted. Then the two witchers parted ways - and never met again.
It turned out local bandits had found Gaetan's stash first. Yet before they could seize it and liquidate its assets, Geralt liquidated them.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Go to the School of the Cat witcher's stash to collect your reward.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Despite this quest only being in Velen, the quest log shows the "multiple locations" icon.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Gaetan was not spared, his hideout can still be explored though there is no valuable item inside and Geralt does not make any comment on the trophies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Gaetan's hideout the letter is an easter egg reference to Schrödinger's Cat.