I only had to kill 2 golems to get the "David" ability (roche's path) can anyone else confirm this?
- I can't confirm or deny, but what gaming level were you playing ? That information is necessary. — Game widow (talk) 21:11, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
- If by gaming level you mean chapter, it was during chapter 2. I killed the golem beneath the Kaedweni camp and then i killed the golem in the viper assassin's hideout and immediately got the "David" ability.
- Hope this helps!
- WitE is correct, but i'm a she — Game widow (talk) 12:15, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
Tried losing all the fights in the quest "One on One: Flotsam" and the final fight in the "Fight Club" in chapter 1, never gained this ability. — Posted anonymously from 220.127.116.11
- I'm in agreement. I've tried many times to reproduce the claim that losing a fistfight can grant this ability (I always kill Aryan because he's a punk and deserves a right thrashing). At least on PC, I can verify this claim is not true. I can't test other platforms. -- DeJuanNOnley (talk) 09:52, March 8, 2018 (UTC)
Still missing some attributes
It looks like there are 30 total of these abilities in the game files: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/q_assassin_conjurer_strong_back_and_other_abilities_may_contain_spoilerzz/page1
The ones still missing here appear to be (as translated from Polish):
- Pirouette: +10% to Resist Incineration, Poison, and Bleeding added, called "Half-pirouette"
- Precision: +5% to All Critical Effects added
- Minesweeper: 50% Chance to Avoid Trap Damage added, called "Sapper"
- Toxic Blood: 30% Chance to Poison Opponents Who Hit Geralt added
- Healthy Eating: +20% to Vitality Regen Outside of Combat added, called "Healthy diet"
- Veteran/'Seasoned in Battle': Combat Vigor Regeneration +5% added, called "Battle seasoned"
- Rugged: +20 Vitality added, called "Invincible"
18.104.22.168 00:47, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
Resistance to magic is obtained during the Rose of Remembrance quest in Act 1. When you fall down into the elven baths with Triss you need to choose the conversation option "Nothing. Let's get out of here." The you use Aard to break the wall and escape.
22.214.171.124 19:46, August 25, 2014 (UTC) About half-pirouette. Was watching youtube videos of Letho battle - noticed that time of the battle is rigged - more or less. After certain quantity of dialogue lines the cutscene follows. However Letho's health bar is not rigged. Dealing high damage lowers Letho's health bar - point is, after certain level of damage inflicted Letho will heal automatically( and fast too). That gives the illusion he can't be killed or defeated. And to that point - maybe developers were unspecific at description. When health bar reaches zero it usually means enemy npc is defeated or killed. Letho can't be killed in until end game, but he can be defeated in chapter 1. Killed=Defeated. So to get Half-Pirouette attribute one has to pressure Letho with High Damage so that his health bar reach zero. Or keep it below certain/or zero level in case time of battle with Letho is rigged absolutely and cannot be changed. Be mindfull - I didnt play the game. Just was browsing through this wiki, and watched youtube videos. So my guess needs checking. If correct please post on this page - its of interest to me whether it is so or not.
- As of version 3.4.0 I'm pretty sure you can't get this attribute from defeating Letho. I battled him on the dark difficulty several times now and get his health to zero before the fight ended three or four times. The battle doesn't end sooner, he just stays at 0% health, and the outcome stays the same too. I didn't earn half-pirouette after the battle or even after the chapter ended. --ShardofTruth (talk) 12:48, August 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Can confirm ShardofTruth's analysis. I have defeated Ch1 Letho in a variety of ways, sword heavy, magic heavy, traps, etc. None resulted in the attribute. In the case of traps he was down to zero health and geralt was never even hit. Signo Vir (talk) 00:10, September 1, 2014 (UTC)
- I was playing the Enhanced edition on NORMAL, and got this ability when fighting letho in the elven garden ruins. I only managed to get it once when i was really giving letho an ass-whooping with my sword, resulting him having way lower than 50% HP remaining when the screen faded out to cinematics. On my playthrough on DARK i couldnt get his hp down enough, and i did not get Half-Piruette that time. Written by Hard (2015.03.28)
For the "sapper" ability: So far, in Chapter I i've found, deactivated and collected 51 snares. Has anyone else tried (or better yet, succeeded!) to get this particular ability? If so, we need details. — Game widow (talk) 10:45, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I have gotten the Sapper ability in a strange fashion and I am not sure of the exact mechanics. I placed a Snare trap on a set of short steps in Act I, located at the basement level of Loredo's Mansion in the hallway connecting to the main compound. Afterwards, I tried to disarm the trap and my character was "stuck" in the disabling trap animation and could not complete the action. After I tapped the medallion button (Z), my character animation was reset to default and I gained the Sapper ability. — kuroikishi 13:47, August 3, 2011 (GMT+8)
- I haven't actually tried it, but according to a post by Vinthir at the official forum it is obtained by disarming traps. Bring back Shani 16:32, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
- I get Sapper every time. It's rather easy. All you have to do is set one snare (please don't use any other trap, lest it explode on you) and cast Aard a few times while you're trying to deactivate the snare. - Jer Berus 15:38, February 5, 2019 (CST)
HOW TO GET THE ELUSIVE "Sapper"
25/7/2012 by Agentminty47
To get Sapper Ability talk to the first guard about killing the cockertrice then set the conflagration trap within the press a to talk animation range then disarm the trap and immediately press a to talk you may need to pan the camera up slighthy do this 5 times.
To get "Sapper" is much like activating (or rather deactivating) a bug. I've done it several times and i know it works. You have to disarm a number of snare traps in chapter 1. I believe it was on my 31'st trap that I got the Ability (it could be less). But its not that simple. On the next trap you must "CANCEL" the disarm animation by clicking on something nearby, like an item or another trap. ie. while Geralt is bending down to disarm the trap... click on an item nearby to cancel the animation BEFORE the trap is actually disarmed. When the game detects the animation was cancelled (for some reason) you get the sapper ability. Dont know why this works. Also you can do this after you get the ability and it will ALWAYS show that you get the ability Sapper again. BOTTOM line... It has something to do with the disarm animation (possible bug, im sure the developers did not intend it to be like this). Completing the disarm animation will NOT get you the sapper ability for some strange reason. Take note that it doesn't matter if you completed the animation on every trap. I believe it will only work if you already successfully disarmed a certain number of (snare) traps (30 maybe) THEN did the cancel animation trick.
Think of it like this...the game SHOULD HAVE given you the ability after disarming a certain number of traps but a bug is preventing it. The cancel animation counters the bug, and when the game detects it... it gives you the sapper ability.
Anybody please confirm as to how many snare traps exactly you have to disarm. Also please confirm if it has to be "Snare" traps in Chapter 1 or just any trap (or can it be the same trap over and over again). I just kept disarming and collecting them but i made sure to count how many. I did the the "cancel" animation trick on several intervals, but it worked on the 31'st snare I disarmed and did the "cancel animation" trick. Once confirmed please publish on the attributes page of this wiki. Im really eager for the other unknown abilities to be filled up. Thanks.
- I was able to get the ability with the trap Conflagration in Act 2. I just used the medallon 5 times when disarming the trap. --The Sea King January 3, 2012.
Hope this helps to come up with the final and confirmed way to get this ability. Also...can anybody confirm if you can get the strongback ability AFTER prologue. Someone said you can get it by losing fist fights. Im deciding if i should let Aryan live or die (so i can get the executioner ability) but i still want strong back. Thanks.
-AG 126.96.36.199 18:50, August 23, 2011 (UTC)
- The type of trap doesn't seem to matter as long as it can be disarmed (which excludes biter traps, harpy traps, and the kayran trap), and successfully disarming doesn't appear to have any effect on the Sapper ability being added. Geralt just needs to be interrupted six times before he can finish. The easiest way is probably to use a single trap and interrupt his attempts to disarm it by using his medallion (it isn't even necessary to wait for the cooldown). Bring back Shani 22:42, August 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Wow that was fast! Finaly a decisive formula for sapper. Thanks! now for the rest... - AG 188.8.131.52 02:21, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Tested and Confirmed. I used a single conflaguration trap in the prologue and interrupted the disarm animation using the medallion (5) times. Got sapper. -AG 184.108.40.206 05:59, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
- The information from you, Game widow, and kuroikishi reduced the amount of testing I had to do in order to figure it out. You're also right that it only takes five attempts, not six. I wasn't giving the ability enough time to appear. Bring back Shani 09:59, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
COVER: its not "Stay under Triss' protective umbrella without exiting during the beginning of Chapter I." as you have to exit the protection to get the perk.
Hey there, I just recieved this by fist fighting a training dummy in Loredo's House area (chapter 1). I did get the ones at Foltest's camp and the 2 at Market exit and 2 at Non-Human District exit (only cut them up once each). I was in the quest Fight Club, before entering the house. This is my 3rd play through and in the previous one I did try to use a sword on all the dummies but left out a few so never got it.
Is this really working? I'm replaying the game with the EE patch and was poisoned around 30 times now but didn't unlock the perk. Has somebody else than 220.127.116.11 done that? --ShardofTruth 00:51, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
This doesn't seem to work for me either. Playing with patch 3.2. --Anonymous 04:34, September 9, 2012 (UTC)
don´t work for me too
Lost count of the number of times I've been poisoned by rotfiends both under the influence of potions and without potions, I seriously doubt it's just 15 times so I propose the description obtaining the attribute be left blank. 18.104.22.168 13:17, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
Poison Geralt by Devil's puffball. Patch 3.3.
I got this in Chapter 1 in the swampy region all the way to the south. It's covered in grey hash marks and there's a house nearby that requires a key to enter and has lots of traps and bandits. Along the southern edge of the region, there's a peninsula that juts into the swamp. The shrine is along the eastern edge of the peninsula, and within sight of the aforementioned house. It was night. I think it may require reading the book Rites of Midaëte. Incidentally, I don't see a listing for that book on here, either. 22.214.171.124 09:36, July 18, 2012 (UTC) sdl (the edit was because I forgot to sign)
- Perhaps you could provide a screenshot? i can't find any references to either the crown of the book — Game widow (talk) 15:29, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
According to this link, it seams it's only available in steam version of the game. The shrine is somewhere near bandits hideout in the south. You can also found the key to the hideout after killing Dmitri and looting him during the "Troll Trouble" quest.
- --> Cannot roger that.
- Instead, I DID get is as well, it DOES show up in my attributes page (changes Quen sign to also giving a chance for incinerating attackers, 10% I think) and I do *not* have the steam version (don't even have steam at all). Not sure about reading the book - I bought it from a merchant beforehand and read it, so I can't say you don't need it, but there's a copy of the very same book on a corpse near this shrine/idol (it's one of those tall stones with images on it; the one in the swamp in a corner a bit hidden to the right of the bandit house (ch.1, flotsam region)). You have to go near the stone and left-click to *use* it.
- (*Not* activing the medallion and walking through some red mist as one would normally do.)
The Witcher 2 SAPPER
The Witcher 2: To get Sapper Ability talk to the first guard about killing the cockertrice then set the conflagration trap within the press a to talk animation range then disarm the trap and immediately press a to talk you may need to pan the camera up slighthy do this 5 times.
- An easier way to do this is to use the medallion while the trap is being disarmed, for the conflagration traps, there is a slightly longer delay between disarming and using the medallion compared to snares and the medallion. you might also need to approach the trap again afer each time to show the option. I say this is an easier way as you can do this anywhere instead of having to find an npc to "talk" to. 126.96.36.199 21:55, February 11, 2016 (UTC)Shade0000